Sunday, November 27, 2011

Long time no see?

What an odd expression.  If you really think about it, why would anyone phrase something like that? Anyway...

I haven't written a blog in a while.  I'm sure you like to hear excuses, so here goes: Conference time.  For a teacher, that means absolutely no life. My school has 100% participation requirement... so you must meet with each parent, regardless of whether they want to meet (because of that last statement, you get a lot of no-shows). Thankfully, I'm nearly done.  I have one that I'm still waiting for, but we'll get it scheduled eventually.

Then, of course, Thanksgiving.  Being married certainly adds to the to-do list when it comes to Thanksgiving dinners.  However, it led to three delicious meals. :)  I also got to do some cooking/baking, which is always fun.  My favorite new addition to the recipe book is a delicious white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake.  Delicious... but extremely rich. We got to eat a lovely meal at Scott's grandparents', Thanksgiving at my mom's house with Grandpa and Aunt Rebecca (and Scott kicking butt in Scattergories!), and an additional meal at my Grandma's; where, once again, Scott and my team kicked butt in Guesstures. :) Have I mentioned my family loves board games?

Complete Topic Change...
A while back, we went to a Downhere concert with Scott's parents (and sister).  It was a really good concert, so I figured I'd share some potentially new music. First off, the lead singer, Marc Martel is becoming quite popular with his audition for the Queen Extravaganza.  He has quite the voice.
Go vote here! :) 

Don't worry, he's not famous for singing Queen.   They have many albums that could be featured, but I'll just showcase their well-known Christmas song, "How Many Kings":
I really could do a whole four-page blog with songs that I find worth listening to, but I'll let you explore here.  There's a button up at the top to listen to their music.  Do it.

While you're listening, here are some pictures from the concert!
Photo Credit goes to Scott
VIP Passes 
























Let me know what you think! :)
signature

5 comments:

  1. Ummm....I have to say that we tied - so not really kicking but ;P

    I have been wondering about the 100% contact - as long as you schedule it - it counts? Is that just once per year? We were able to choose last year whether we wanted to have the spring conference or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's true, we did tie. Oops!

    No, we have to schedule it and meet with them. If they don't show up, we have to schedule a home visit. :S After the first semester, we are required to meet with students who are not performing at benchmark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two things: 1) I finally figured out how to comment! 2) The cheese cake was so good! Definitely not to rich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I'm glad you didn't think it was too rich. The rest was finished off before I got to your house today.

    I'll keep searching for some new recipes for Christmas. I found a peppermint bark cheesecake that looks very Christmas-y. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooooo you should totally try it. And if you don't want to wait until Christmas I get home of the 14th!

    ReplyDelete