Sunday, January 8, 2012

Surviving the Holidays & Resolutions

Well, today is the last day of our vacation.  I'm definitely sad to see the return come so quickly, but I'm somewhat ready to get back in the routine. I just am not looking forward to the drive that comes with that routine.

Our first holiday together went smoothly.  We have done the whole sharing holidays with multiple families for a few years now, so this one wasn't all that different.  Sadly, schedules forced us to miss one of the Christmas', but we were able to successfully get to four others.

In the middle, we did take a short vacation in Canada (thanks to Scott's family).  For some reason, I've married into a family that decides to travel north during the cold months rather than south. ;) It's okay, it's always a pleasant trip.

Some pictures from the trip:
Butterfly Conservatory

The Gorge






















While the new year has just begun, I have already accomplished something on my bucket list:


We went skiing! Sorry, we didn't get any action shots.  Don't we look darling in our helmets?  :P

I suppose bucket lists makes a nice transition to New Years Resolutions. I just asked Scott his, and he replied, "I don't have one."  I don't know if I have some "new" resolutions, but I do like to keep goals throughout the year.  They're basically on-going and have been for a few years... things like trying something new (skiing), eating healthier, exercising more, becoming more organized in my classroom, etc.  However, after watching Wheel of Fortune, I think I'll copy Vanna White's resolution.  She said that she wants to make a new recipe every week.  I feel like I've done that numerous times over break, but I like this goal.  Unfortunately, I'm not home to cook much for the week, so I'm going to say that I'll create (well, copy), one amazing meal per month. Or, at least cook an entire meal that I hope to be amazing.  Don't worry, I'll share.

While this isn't my amazing meal of the month for January, I did make a new recipe tonight: Chicken Spinach Pasta Bake.  Here's a link if you want to try it.  It was an odd concoction, but good.  It should make for decent leftovers for Scott during the week.  Feel free to share your favorites.

Well, I have an early night planned, as school starts in the morning.  Happy New Year! :)
They picked the right resolution. 



signature

5 comments:

  1. That doesn't sound like an odd recipe to me - sounds normal. I just looked at the recipe and the cream cheese does seem a little different - but I guess it makes sense.
    I got a menu monthly planner from Santa (aka - me..lol). I want to shoot for making weekly menus - hoping it will help with the budget and less eating out so healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why'd you have to wear helmets? I didn't have to wear one when I went skiing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angelina, this is a kid-friendly blog. No santa comments. ;) Let me know if you find anything interesting.

    Sarah, we just chose to wear helmets. Better safe than sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stacie, it's because there was an awesome photographer, right?

    ReplyDelete