Saturday, July 20, 2013

If it ain't the cat's MEOW!

Believe it or not, that is an expression of disbelief.  Not sure of the origin, but it seems appropriate for this post.

To be honest, I'm almost embarrassed to be back here. It has been over a year.  In that time, I've moved to a new (but familiar) city, started and finished my second year of teaching fifth grade, been through two summers, traveled to the west coast for the first time (!), and have probably juggled life's big mysteries several times.  Okay, maybe not the last one... but we've been trying to map out our futures. Sorry, family, this isn't a post with a baby announcement.

I'd say the biggest announcement is that we've tackled third year medical school.
In short,

Pros:
  • Schedule varies so much that while some months seem unbelievable, the lighter rotations are so welcomed
    • Leading to more "us" time
  • Had a relaxing spring break
  • Clearer future ahead
  • Step 1 is over! 
  • Better stories
Cons:
  • Step 2 is looming
  • Residency is drawing close, so every step/misstep is a big deal
  • Residency choices attract more stress
  • Away rotations are coming up!
I've kept busy as well.  Last year, I tackled multiple jobs at once keeping me busy, but I'm ready to relax a bit.  I seem too young to say that, but I welcomed the opportunity to work from home most of this summer.  I feel like I can finally clean up and cook some decent meals. 

Here's an update on our boys.  Orie Porie is still...well... Orie, and the Floydster has quite the personality.  I recently bought them a new toy, and Floyd is downright aggressive, but Orie has trouble knowing how to play or gracefully snag the toy (he spends more time dancing in circles). 



 This is pretty lame and lacks detail for the first post back, but I hope to update more regularly and regain my four followers! Blog posts/Facebook tells me to update you of all my goals to keep myself accountable.  I'm going to shoot for one a week.  So, now it's up to you to hold me accountable.  Maybe we should start Scott & Selena Sundays.  Post Secret had some luck with their Sunday-only blog posts.
 Thoughts? (Disclaimer: Great start - it's Saturday.. but I'll be out of town tomorrow... ).

Happy early Birthday to my Mother in Law & and Happy late Birthday to my niece... and Happy early/belated Birthday to everyone else since I missed it over this past year.

I would love to hear from all of you,
signature

2 comments:

  1. I have checked faithfully every month or so and am thrillled to have a new post from you guys. Loved hearing the flute and seeing both of you last weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Anonymous! I didn't realize anyone checked this thing! I'm sure it was nice seeing you too... but I don't know who you are. Hint?

    ReplyDelete