Sunday, September 18, 2011

First time reader?

I don't think I've ever actually posted my blog on facebook or any other social media site.  Therefore, after the first "official" post on the updated blog, we may have some first time viewers. For you first time viewers, below you'll find some up to date information regarding where we are right now... since some of you may have not had an update on our lives since... oh, I don't know, high school!?

I'm Selena. I'm sure you guessed that. I graduated undergrad in December of '10 and am starting up my teaching career as a fifth grade teacher.  We're only three weeks in, but I love being in the classroom with my students.  They certainly make life interesting. On the side and in the summers, I am the marketing director of the Centreville Fair.  Today is opening day, so for all you home-town residents, make your way over there.  For those of you not from the St. Joseph County area, the fair is a pretty big deal.  They even give the kids a day off from school! (Not me though... I have Professional Development) This week, I'll basically be working 18 hours/day... School, then Fair.  Busy, Busy, Busy.

He's Scott. While I (Selena), will be writing most of the posts, Scott will pop in occasionally.  In fact, up until now, he's been dominating this blog with his Rwanda experience. Let me emphasize, once again, it's a wonderful and educational read.  If you have time, start at the beginning and relive his experience.  We did have some comments on the blog, but I couldn't transfer them over on the new site. So, to all our former readers, we're sorry. :( Anyway, he's now back to med school.  He's in his second year and has gone back into "school mode," meaning I'll probably update for him.   The first question we usually get about Scott is about his career path and what type of doctor he is planning to become.  Right now, he's not sure.  Maybe Internal Medicine? Maybe something different... When he decides, we'll certainly post it on here.

While you're waiting for the next post, feel free to look at our other pages.  You'll find some more about us (pretty much what I said above), our new little family, and some wedding pictures! :)

With love,
signature

No comments:

Post a Comment