Saturday, July 23, 2011

Laundry Day

Today is pretty much a day off, so I did laundry this morning.  Since I think washing machines and dryers are essentially unheard of (it’d be cheaper just to hire someone to do it for you), we just use a soap bucket, a rinse bucket, and our hands.  A washboard or wringer would be great, but that may be a bit of a luxury as well.  Being Rwanda’s dry season, our wet clothes can generally dry over the course of the day, but it does come with its issues (as would be expected).  It’s not uncommon to have bugs climbing over your clothes, and a pair of my shorts ended up splattered in bird poop last week.  Such is life. 

-Scott

Really, this entry was just an excuse to post a picture of the spider I found crawling around my clothes this morning during the washing process.  Welcome to Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment