Sunday, October 16, 2011

Weekend Excursions

So, Scott and I had quite the weekend planned.  I was (im)patiently awaiting for the weekend to arrive, telling my colleagues and students that I was going sky diving.  Seriously, I think we ordered these tickets last May.  I was ready for it, too. It had been a stressful week...so jumping out a plane seemed like a worthwhile investment.





Doesn't that just look awesome!?  And, Scott, of course:





Since these pictures are definitely very different, I'm sure you can tell that our weekend went a different direction... and that was just Scott's fancy editing.

Yep, the wind got the best of us.  I think I can confidently say that Scott and I have terrible luck.  It happened to be too windy of a day, so we were grounded. I suppose it saved us a drive to Mount Pleasant, and it gave Scott a huge sigh of relief when he realized he had a whole Saturday to study (and watch those Spartans beat the Wolverines!!).   We contemplated rescheduling, but with his schedule and my realization that cold is nearer (tear...), we decided it would be best to get a refund and delay our sky-diving experiences.  It was quite sad, but maybe someday... we were so close...

I think I'll just show my students the first picture when they ask, and see who is the first person to consider that I should have had more protective gear and such when skydiving and ultimately realize the picture was fake... :)

P.S.  Yes, we know... our yard needs some raking (but the neighbor's is worse...so I think we're okay).

Much love,
signature

(P.S.S. I know we need to post new kitty pictures soon... I'll try to make that the next blog.)

2 comments:

  1. I was so excited at your first picture! I thought...NO WAY - They got to go!! Bummer, girl. Sometime soon though, you'll jump out of that perfectly good airplane!

    See you Friday ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha this is too funny. Hopefully you will get to go soon! My hubby is in his residency so I can definitely relate to your blog!

    ReplyDelete