Sunday, October 25, 2015

Happy Halloween

When did we get a 10 month old?  I mean, obviously it's a natural progression from the last post, but I just feel like we're losing our baby.


This picture was the first that was truly miserable to capture.  He's adorable as usual, but he wanted nothing to do with sitting.  He wanted to watch the leaves, crawl to us, grab the kitties instead of look at them, and anything else that was not sitting with the elephant.  I have a feeling 11 and 12 will be the same.  But, we've almost made the whole year.

This month has been the month of personality.  He's hilarious, silly, and eager to please.  Then again, if he doesn't know you, he's very suspicious.  He loves his cats, standing, and is quickly learning cause and effect.  The teacher side of me is so fascinated at the new stuff every day, but I'm definitely becoming one of those emotional moms.  I've seen some of those emotional moments on dad's end, too.  My favorite moments currently include him being proud of himself (it's very cute!) and him learning to play independently or with the cats.  They're his little buddies. I don't think they've quite established the "best friend" level, but they tolerate him. I also find it a tiny bit cute when he's sad after we tell him "no". Those little pouty lips.

For kicks, here's a recap for those of you who haven't seen this on facebook (and now it's flipped the right way!)


All in all, I'm looking forward to the next few months.  We're going to lose our crawler, wobble into a toddler, and he's going to continue interacting with the world.  But, as we head into these involved months, I'm also eager to have a few vacations, celebrate a college roommate becoming a mommy, and go back home to see family. I truly enjoy the end of the year and all the holidays.  We're going to ignore the fact that it also becomes winter.

Before I sign off, here's a little Halloween treat.
Meet Bert, Ernie, and the little Rubber Ducky.






And here's a timelapse of our pumpkin carving experience, complete with cats, babies, and Sesame Street music!




 photo Signature JPG.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment