Thursday, June 7, 2018

Boards Shmoards


As we speak, Scott is mid-board exams.  I haven't done a post regarding med school/residency in a while (it's not like Nolan has taken over at all 😉), so I thought it would be a good opportunity to talk about residency life and give a quick shout-out to my other half.

Board Exams are an intense beast.  He's probably spent an entire year prepping, but a solid month turning down events, locking himself in an office, and cramming, cramming, cramming. I know I joke about how exhausted I am of doing bedtimes on my own and hearing the phrase "I can't come with you," or watching someone stare at his phones doing questions all day, but I know that pales in comparison to the sheer exhaustion and mental preparation he's been going through.

This exam is at least 600 questions (I don't remember the exact number). I pulled this description from the American Board of Radiology website:

I can't imagine two 7 hour days of testing, but he's a pro in this by now.  Including Step exams, this will be a total of $4,915 in testing alone. There are some little tests he's taken here and there, so that's probably a low estimate. He packed his snack bag along for those short thirty minutes (I'll save you the picture of the large back of junk food), Nolan and I threw in our surprise napkin notes, and wished him luck.

All of this to say, we couldn't be more proud of him.  But, I'm very much looking forward to a weekend of no books, no office, and no studying! Dr. Scott, good luck!




 photo Signature JPG.jpg

1 comment:

  1. Man - that is so intense!!! I'm sure he'll do great - he always does. I know this will be such a great thing to have in the past. I know it takes a little while to get the results - but once the test is done - I'm sure he'll be able to relax a bit (and you).

    ReplyDelete